Sunday, February 28, 2010

Here are the pictures of the lotion

These pictures are from my experimental recipe that I used just to see if I could get a nice lotion consistency that does not separate. I used beeswax as the emulsifier. I used olive oil and avocado oil. I really like this recipe! It is thick and creamy, it goes on a little greasy but it absorbs very quickly. It goes on a little thicker and shinier than the DREAM CREAM I got from Lush (which is my inspiration). I like it but it is a bit pricey. Hopefully, when I calculate my cost, I will be able to offer it for less.

Next, I will try it with shea butter and mango butter because I like the benefits of these butters, oh and yes there will be avocado oil also. I'll let you know how it goes!!





1 comment:

  1. It has been about a week now and the lotion is still holding up. The shea butter formula was too thick more like whipped body butter I guess. Anyway I don't like it. I think I need to use less butter and more water. And I am wondering how long and how well essential oils work to preserve lotions. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete